Quick and Easy Frittata
- 2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shallots, sliced thinly
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon freshly chopped basil
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C
2. Heat a small-medium non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat and sauté the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Add the shallots and cook for a further minutes.
3. Reduce the heat and add the baby spinach, cooking until the leaves are just wilted.
4. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, ricotta and basil together, add salt and pepper to taste if desired and slowly pour over the cooked vegetables. Let it stand for 2 minutes without stirring, or until the sides are just cooked.
5. Transfer the frying pan to the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the eggs is cooked though and slightly browned on top.
6. Let the dish stand for 1 minute before serving