Fragrant Superhero Fried Rice
- ¼ cup (50 grams) Bioglan Coconut Oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 large French shallot, sliced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 150 grams extra firm tofu (bean curd), diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 250 grams baby brussel sprouts, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 1 cup (220 grams) cooked brown rice
- 1 large handful (100 grams) bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce, plus extra, to serve
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 drops sesame oil
- ¼ cup (40 grams) Bioglan Chia Seeds, plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- black pepper, to taste
- sliced fresh chilli, to taste, optional
- fresh coriander, to serve
- fresh garlic chives, to serve
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a wok over medium–high heat. Stir-fry spring onion, garlic, shallot and ginger for 2 minutes or until spring onion has browned. Remove from wok and set aside.
2. Melt remaining coconut oil in wok and swirl to coat surface. Stir-fry tofu for 2 minutes or until brown. Remove from wok and set aside.
3. Return spring onion mixture to wok along with carrot and brussels sprouts. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add brown rice and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
If the rice is sticking to the wok, add up to 3 tablespoons of water to release it.
4. Fold soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, chia seeds and the browned tofu through rice mixture. Add black pepper and chilli (if using), and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Taste and adjust flavour by adding more sauces or seasonings if needed.
5. Sprinkle the rice with extra chia seeds, coriander leaves and garlic chives. Serve with additional soy sauce, if desired.
Tip : If you are serving this dish as a vegetarian meal, use vegetarian oyster sauce.