- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250 grams cooked beetroot, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Beetroot powder
- 75 grams goats feta
- Fresh dill sprigs, to serve
1. Heat the stock in a pan, bring to boil, then reduce and keep on a steady simmer.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until golden.
3. Add the rice and cook until it is translucent and coated in oil.
4. Stir in the garlic and beetroot and cook for 5 minutes. Add 1 cup of the stock and cook, stirring until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock, one cup at a time, until all the rice is soft and nearly all of the liquid has been absorbed.
Serves 4. Serve topped with the crumbled feta and herbs.